Fantajii World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantajii World

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shieldings Part 1: Originals

Go down 
+2
Kiyoshi
Zephyr
6 posters

What should a sword mech be called?
Subeta
Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Vote_lcap14%Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Yaiba
Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Vote_lcap29%Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Tsurugi
Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Vote_lcap14%Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Tou
Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Vote_lcap0%Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Engetsutou
Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Vote_lcap43%Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Zephyr
Admin
Admin
Zephyr

Number of posts : 770
Currency : 1500 tajii
Battle Coins : *crickets chirping*
Registration date : 2007-08-17

Character Profile
Attacks:

Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Empty
PostSubject: Shieldings Part 1: Originals   Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 8:16 pm

Heh...I know I've done a lot of preview-type fics lately. This isn't exactly one...if this was a book, this would be the first chapter...or at least the prologue...so...enjoy!

January 7th, 4732 Outlands, Earth/Terra:
The rains have come to my poor shack again. My thanks go out to the skies that my old generator didn't fail under the force of it. I decided to take my junked up, ancient Hybrid out to the scrap yard to find parts to fix it up. Better dead of hunger than rain, I figure.
I've heard that rain can turn the old metal-and diamond complexes to dust in seconds. They built them over a thousand years ago, back when their simple metal structures toppled to the rains. The old generator out back is one of the oldest still kicking, 100 years, if not more.
Anyway, back on track.. I drove up to the yard and, would you believe it, I found those portable generators, the real fancy kind they have in the cities. Five of em, not too clean, but usable, for only ten onyx chips. I took the lot and a load of scraps. On the way home, the rains started again. Too far from the yard for protection and too far from home. Those porto-gens saved me. Soon as the first drops fell, I had one on up front. Those things are stronger than their size tells! My whole car had a shield of rock-hard energy over top of it. That got me thinking. Pack one of these gens in a car and you'd be sailing easy. Better yet, have a carry pack for one so you can jet with it on. A spark of idea hit me and kindled into a full blaze. Revive the mechs. Use em to save people from the rains. And so I start to work.

January 20th, 4732 Outlands, Earth/Terra:

I built two mechs (I called em Shields mechs, or Shields for short, cuz of their porto-gen shielding) with a shield in each arm. I named one Kage (Shadow) and the other Kokoro (Heart) in the old Jape...erm...Juper...Jappernesse? Close enough.
Kage's prerelease form is the pair of glasses that any folk would wear if they didn't want blinded. Kokoro's is a torso plate. Because of their forms, I keep Kokoro at home and bring Kage with me whenever I leave home. He's really useful to have around.

July 12th, 4740 Shielding (Old Outlands), Terra:

I've made a buisiness of making mechs and selling em. Mostly remakes of the original mechs from old times. Kage's had so many upgrades that I've stopped counting the models. Of course, everybody who buys gets their own personal mech that I'll never copy. I've sold Kokoro already, version 12 if my memory serves. Kage's mine though. It's almost become taboo for me not to tincker with him every night in the shop.
As to the other mechs I've made? Well, there's Baku (Gain), Ookami (Wolf), Yoru (Night), Yumi (Bow), Shinobi (Spy), Sora (Sky), Sekai (World), Hikari (Light)...all gone to nobles with more money than they can use. But then there's that one...Uwabari (cloak), whom I sold to this little kid who'd barely scrounged up enough to buy even my worst one. I told him he should be out buying food instead of a Shield (it's been made official now), but he shook his head and said that he could get food, but it was rain protection he needed. So I sold him Uwabari. In case it concerns you, his name is Jomari...

{Excerpt from Tetaki Onabari's Journal}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how'd I do?
Back to top Go down
http://xmuchitsujo.proboards80.com/index.cgi
Zephyr
Admin
Admin
Zephyr

Character Profile
Attacks:

PostSubject: Re: Shieldings Part 1: Originals   Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 6:08 pm

...no one read this yet? *sniff*
Back to top Go down
Kiyoshi
intermediate
intermediate

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Character Profile
Attacks:

PostSubject: Re: Shieldings Part 1: Originals   Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 7:46 pm

i like it
Back to top Go down
Zephyr
Admin
Admin
Zephyr

Character Profile
Attacks:

PostSubject: Re: Shieldings Part 1: Originals   Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 8:09 pm

^^ thanks
Back to top Go down
Tentaich

PostSubject: Re: Shieldings Part 1: Originals   Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 8:17 pm

Kewl^^
Back to top Go down
AtoliSky
Admin
Admin
AtoliSky

Female Number of posts : 1781
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Character Profile
Attacks:

PostSubject: Re: Shieldings Part 1: Originals   Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 11:46 pm

OOC: Helloooooooooooooo : )

I think it's a good one again Zeph ^.^ Maybe you should write more to this one...?
Back to top Go down
http://fantajiworld.forumotion.com/
Zephyr
Admin
Admin
Zephyr

Character Profile
Attacks:

PostSubject: Re: Shieldings Part 1: Originals   Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 11:13 am

I will, but I need people to finish voting for the sword name...
Back to top Go down
Kokujin
Fighter
Fighter
Kokujin

Male Number of posts : 277
Currency : 12 000
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Character Profile
Attacks:

PostSubject: Re: Shieldings Part 1: Originals   Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 8:14 pm

very nice story! i love the lil kid!
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgottenmyyths.pureforum.net
tmac
Fighter
Fighter
tmac

Male Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2007-09-17

Character Profile
Attacks:

PostSubject: Re: Shieldings Part 1: Originals   Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 8:20 pm

nice story keep it up
Back to top Go down
Zephyr
Admin
Admin
Zephyr

Character Profile
Attacks:

PostSubject: Re: Shieldings Part 1: Originals   Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 2:33 pm

k. Poll's over. Engetsutou wins! I'll start working on the next part ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Tentaichi
Expert
Expert
Tentaichi

Male Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Character Profile
Attacks:

PostSubject: Re: Shieldings Part 1: Originals   Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 10:28 pm

Ok,I'll be waiting anxiously.
Back to top Go down
AtoliSky
Admin
Admin
AtoliSky

Female Number of posts : 1781
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Character Profile
Attacks:

PostSubject: Re: Shieldings Part 1: Originals   Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 10:54 pm

Engetsutou...long but kewl :3
Back to top Go down
http://fantajiworld.forumotion.com/
Tentaichi
Expert
Expert
Tentaichi

Male Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Character Profile
Attacks:

PostSubject: Re: Shieldings Part 1: Originals   Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 7:03 pm

I like that name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shieldings Part 1: Originals   Shieldings  Part 1: Originals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shieldings Part 1: Originals
Page 1 of 1